Current projects, solo:
- Solo Improvised Music. Steel-string acoustic guitar/electric guitar. If possible, I always prefer to play acoustically. If not, I play through an amp.
- Free Jazz Ballads/Skeleton Ballads. Arrangements of music by John Coltrane, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, John Fahey etc. Electric guitar.
- Open Resonances. Improvised music, original compositions and arrangement with open tunings. Steel-string acoustic guitar.
Clockwise from top: Performing at the Sibelius Museum, Turku, March 2022 (picture by Santeri Niemi). Self-portrait at Titanik Gallery, June 2018. Pyramidit (picture by Jussi Virkkumaa). Kultapalmut (picture by Rasmus Forssell).
- Kultapalmut – live experimental cinema and improvised music
Electric and acoustic guitars, electronics w/ Pauliina Mäkelä, visual art/live projections
- Pekka Laine & The Enchanted – live realisations of Pekka Laine’s music
Electric and acoustic guitars w/ Pekka Laine, electric guitars, Tommi Pietiläinen, electric and acoustic guitars, Toni Liimatta, keyboards, Väinö Karjalainen, bass, and Mooses Kuloniemi, drums
- Seitsemäs taivas – live scores for silent films / backing band for Lau Nau
Electric and acoustic guitars, electronics w/ Laura Naukkarinen, piano, electronics, voice, and Hermanni Yli-Tepsa, violin, bass, electronics
- El Tiempo – improvised music, live electronics, sound art.
Electric and acoustic guitars, lute, harmonica, keyboards, recordings, electronics w/ Rasmus Östling, recordings and electronics
- Pymathon – improvised thrash/death metal/noise
Electric guitar /w Tommi Keränen, noise, Atte Häkkinen, vocals, Jaakko Tolvi, drums
- Jooklo Quartet – old school free jazz
Electric guitar w/ Virginia Genta, saxophones, David Vanzan, drums, Tero Kemppainen, bass
- I fortunati – baroque improvisations
Baroque guitar w/ Tuomas Kourula, theorbo
- Bongo Connotations / Aaveet – music by Thelonious Monk, Ornette Coleman, Albert Ayler, Ronnie Boykins, Alice Coltrane etc
Electric guitar w/ Matti Luokkanen, reeds, Tero Kemppainen, bass, Jaakko Tolvi, drums (Aaveet add Sami Pekkola, reeds, and Tuure Tammi, trumpet)